- This event has passed.
Mayors’ Delegation 2017
March 9, 2017 - March 17, 2017$2800
Participate in this special eight-day delegation bound for China! This elite experience has been designed to provide easy access to Chinese city-level leadership in Shanghai, Changzhou, and Shenzhen (pictured below). The introductions and lessons you’ll receive will pave the way for future programs of mutual benefit. Mainstream media provides an incomplete picture of China in the 21st century; this delegation will complete much of the real picture for you. American and Chinese local leaders both need more access to one another; this invite-only twelve member delegation provides it.
Purpose: To introduce U.S. mayors and municipal leaders to Chinese city-level authorities and commercial development leaders in Shenzhen, Changzhou, and Shanghai. In Changzhou and Shenzhen in particular, the itinerary will include opportunities to develop joint work on water-related technologies, environmental protection and/or clean energy tech.
March 9 Depart from various U.S. airports
March 10 Arrive Shanghai Pudong Int’l Airport (PVG)
March 11 Panel discussion at Shanghai Institute of International Studies’ City Diplomacy Task Force
March 12 Discussion on challenges and solutions in municipal governance; High-Speed Train to Changzhou; tour and hosted dinner at Changzhou University
March 13 Changzhou Dept of Commerce; reception lunch w/ mayor; leadership discussion exchange
March 14 Tour of Changzhou water management infrastructure
March 15 Air travel to Shenzhen (SZX); Green and Low-Carbon Development Foundation; lodging at the Shenzhen Bay Club
March 16 Shenzhen-Guangzhou regional tour; meetings with city officials hosted by the Shenzhen Foundation for International Exchange and Cooperation
March 17 Morning program wrap-up reflection and “next steps” event; early afternoon departure from Shenzhen Int’l Airport (SZX) to U.S. destinations; arrival at U.S. airports by Friday night, March 17
Prices and Payments:
- $2800 (per delegate) includes all expenses (lodging, meals, transportation, event tickets and fees), from landing at Shanghai (PVG) to departure from Shenzhen (SZX).
- Not included: international travel (to PVG/from SZX); medical or travel insurance; incidentals
- On 2/11/17 the base price will increase by an undetermined amount
- Non-refundable deposit of $700
- Deposits will be requested after acceptance of application
- Paying the deposit locks-in your base price and reserves your “seat” until 1/24/17
- Spring Festival Promo! If your deposit is paid by 1/30/17, you earn a $200 trip discount (the trip cost will be $2600)
- After 1/20/17, the non-refundable deposit amount required will increase to $1400
- After 2/11/17, the delegation will be considered closed to new registration
- Total balance due by 2/18/17
Send us a message of your intent to participate by email, phone, text, WeChat or FaceBook message to: firstname.lastname@example.org / 301-367-8969 / WeChat: carsontavenner / FB: Tai Initiative. We will immediately follow-up with either instructions for deposit payment or notify you that your application is on the waiting list.
Multiple avenues exist for highlighting corporate sponsorship. We will consider any reasonable proposal for corporate sponsorship options on this trip. Please contact us with your questions.