- This event has passed.
Mayors’ Delegation Fall 2017
November 11, 2017 @ 8:00 am - November 19, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
Participate in this special eight-day delegation bound for China! This elite experience has been designed to provide easy access to Chinese city-level leadership in Hefei, Nanchang, and Shanghai. The introductions and lessons you’ll receive will pave the way for future programs of mutual benefit. Mainstream media provides an incomplete picture of China in the 21st century; this delegation will complete much of the real picture for you. American and Chinese local leaders both need more access to one another; this twelve-member delegation provides it.
Purpose: To introduce U.S. mayors and municipal leaders to Chinese city-level authorities and commercial development leaders in Hefei, Nanchang, and Shanghai. In Hefei the itinerary will include opportunities to learn from and expand existing clean water projects; in Nanchang we will discover new collaborative opportunities in developing the exploding market of electric vehicles and low-carbon new energy technology.
November 11 Depart from various U.S. airports
November 12 Arrive Shanghai Pudong Int’l Airport (PVG)
November 13 Briefing at the U.S. Consulate Commercial Service office; meet Shanghai district-level officials at the Science & Technology and Culture Exchange Center
November 14 Discussion with Shanghai Institute of Int’l Studies City Diplomacy Task Force; tour Nanchang Economic and Technological Development Zone
November 15 Nanchang Departments of Commerce and Energy; reception lunch with Mayor of Nanchang
November 16 Tour of Nanchang electric vehicle industry development support center
November 17 Columbus-Hefei Sister City association; Columbus-Hefei EcoPartnership and the Los Angeles Environmental Forum
November 18 Water quality project site; program wrap-up reflection and “next steps” event
November 19 Departure from Hefei through Shanghai Pudong Int’l (PVG) to various US ports; afternoon arrivals at U.S. airports
Prices and Payments:
- $3500 (per delegate) includes all expenses (lodging, meals, transportation, event tickets and fees), from landing at Shanghai (PVG) to departure from same (PVG).
- Not included: international travel (to/from PVG); medical or travel insurance; incidentals
- On 10/15/17 the base price will increase by an undetermined amount
- Non-refundable deposit of $700
- Deposits will be requested after acceptance of application
- Paying the deposit locks-in your base price
- “Back to School” Promotion! If your deposit is paid by 9/20/17, you earn a $200 trip discount (the trip cost will be $3300)
- After 9/22/17, the non-refundable deposit amount required will increase to $1400
- After 10/20/17, the delegation will be considered closed to new registration
- Total balance due by 10/14/17
Send us a message of your intent to participate by email, phone, text, WeChat or FaceBook message to: firstname.lastname@example.org / 301-367-8969 / WeChat: carsontavenner / FB: Tai Initiative. We will immediately follow-up with either instructions for deposit payment or notify you that your application is on the waiting list.
Multiple avenues exist for highlighting corporate sponsorship. We will consider any reasonable proposal for corporate sponsorship options on this trip. Please contact us with your questions.